Social Distancing at The Office
By Mike Votava |
As our city gradually reopens, workers will begin returning to the office and customers will begin visiting again. As we start on the path back to normalcy, it is critical that businesses and organizations maintain social distancing standards and promote proper health practices.
Established guidelines mandated by The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) are based on individuals sustaining at least six feet of separation whenever possible. This creates a new set of unique challenges for businesses that operate in an office setting.
When placed in key locations around the office, well-designed signs and visual reminders about social distancing are highly effective tools for helping employees adhere to guidelines and maintain a safe and healthy workplace.
Our sign shop is open for business and we are here to help you orient your employees and customers to the “new office normal” with workplace health and safety signs and displays.
There are numerous ways that your organization can use signs and displays to prepare for a safe reopening. Posting signs that promote social distancing and health guidelines will help keep awareness high and remind customers and employees that their actions help prevent the spread of disease.
- Think about the exterior and main entrance to your business. Window or wall graphics, A-board signs or standing banners will let visitors know that your company is open for business and is maintaining a healthy and safe environment for staff and customers.
- Place signs outside of elevators promoting reduced elevator occupancy. Post signs inside elevators reminding occupants to sanitize their hands after touching elevator buttons.
- Post signs in lobby and reception areas letting clients and visitors know that your office is committed to maintaining a healthy work environment. Place small signs on the front desk that ask all visitors to apply hand sanitizer or wear masks.
- Setup hand sanitizer or hand washing stations at strategic locations around the office with clear signage to help customers and employees easily locate them.
- Use graphics on office floors and/or walls in high traffic areas to mark off safe six-foot distancing intervals. These are a helpful visual reminder to reinforce proper physical distancing. If needed, consider creating “one-way” aisles or hallways and use adhesive arrows or footstep decals on your floors to keep people moving in the right direction.
- Direct the flow of traffic within the office by using standing banners and signs that act as physical barriers that contain messaging promoting social distancing and COVID-19 health awareness.
- Place table-top signage on break room tables reminding employees to limit table occupancy.
- Use custom printed door hangers reminding employees to wash their hands or use hand sanitizer after touching door handles.
- Place instructional hand washing and personal hygiene signs in bathroom and kitchen areas.
- Post signs in popular common areas reminding employees to avoid congregating and to socialize only at safe distances.
All of this signage can be done in brand-appropriate ways can help your company retrain employees to new habits that maintain a healthy work environment, and become a tool to reinforce your brand, and culture. Wording, color, shape, etc can be used to make the signs unique and interesting and thus even more effective, while serving as an important branding vehicle.
As a commercial printer that specializes in custom sign and display manufacturing, we are here to support your business as you welcome your employees and customers back to the office, including offering a starter catalog of pre-crafted common signs and custom social distancing tools.
We are open for business and look forward to serving you. Let us know how we can help.